[Serusers] Basic help using SIP-Jabber GW

MANSOOR Usama FTRD/DMR/LON usama.mansoor at rd.francetelecom.com
Tue Dec 17 11:50:19 CET 2002

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the SIP-Jabber GW, but I'm having trouble understanding the documentation. I've installed SER, Jabberd, MySQL and have them all up and running (although this has gone a bit too smoothly, which leads me to think I must have missed out something...). It's all running on Redhat 7.3 on the same machine. The network is a 10.x.x.x network, and DNS is not being used.

I have MSN Messenger 4.7 as the SIMPLE client and Rival3 as the jabber client. What do I do to have these two IM clients talk to each other? What commands do I have to enter?

Thanks,
Usama

  _____

Usama Mansoor,
France Telecom R&D UK Ltd.
Chiswick Park,
Building 3,
566 Chiswick High Road,
London,
W4 SYA

Tel.: +44 20 8849 5858
Email:  <mailto:usama.mansoor at rd.francetelecom.fr> usama.mansoor at rd.francetelecom.fr

"This e-mail, and any files transmitted with it, is intended only for the use of the person/s or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorised to receive information for the intended recipient) you must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail. Thank you."