[Serusers] SER/SERWeb Howto...

Daniel-Constantin MIERLA mierla at fokus.gmd.de
Thu Dec 12 13:42:37 CET 2002

Hello,
see the comments below.

MANSOOR Usama FTRD/DMR/LON wrote:

>OK, I've tried running the script as root (and it prompts me for the password) but the permissions still don't get set. So I then log in manually to the mysql database and set the permissions using 'GRANT' to be the same as mentioned in the faq. Unfortunately I still get the following error message:
>
>Dec 12 10:20:25 localhost /usr/sbin/ser[14700]: connect_db(): Access denied for user: 'user at localhost.localdomain' (Using password: YES)
>Dec 12 10:20:26 localhost /usr/sbin/ser[14700]: db_init(): Error while trying to connect database
>Dec 12 10:20:26 localhost /usr/sbin/ser[14700]: init_modules(): Error while initializing module jabber

These errors occurs in Jabber module. Have you installed the Jabber
module for SER? It does not come with default distribution, you have to
install it separately. Check the Readme file from module's folder
whether you want to install the module and if you get stuck send us what
is the problem. Otherwise, if you do not want the Jabber module, just
delete the loadmodule and modparamr lines for jabber.so, and of course
do not use anymore the Jabber module's methods (jab_send_message,
jab_go_online, jab_go_offline, jab_join_jconf, jab_exit_jconf) in your
SER cfg script.

Best regards,
Daniel