[Serusers] SER/SERWeb Howto...

MANSOOR Usama FTRD/DMR/LON usama.mansoor at rd.francetelecom.com
Thu Dec 12 11:38:42 CET 2002

OK, I've tried running the script as root (and it prompts me for the password) but the permissions still don't get set. So I then log in manually to the mysql database and set the permissions using 'GRANT' to be the same as mentioned in the faq. Unfortunately I still get the following error message:

Dec 12 10:20:25 localhost /usr/sbin/ser[14700]: connect_db(): Access denied for user: 'user at localhost.localdomain' (Using password: YES)
Dec 12 10:20:26 localhost /usr/sbin/ser[14700]: db_init(): Error while trying to connect database
Dec 12 10:20:26 localhost /usr/sbin/ser[14700]: init_modules(): Error while initializing module jabber

I'm not sure what else to try. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

- Usama