[OpenSER-Docs] module documentation sgml to xml migration

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 00:44:58 CET 2008

Hello,

On 03/10/08 20:52, Edson wrote:
> Hi, Guys...
>
> Just to put another point of view... removing the template is fine to those
> that will write a new module documentation, since, as Henning said, they
> usually use another one already wirted as starting point.
>
> But... where to put the documentation templates? The documentation
> definitions? The structure definitions... I would say that the template
> files (as examples on how to write) can be easily removed, not the
> directory... it (for me, sure) seems the right place to put the structure
> definitions files...

I think we should remove all things that are not actually in use. The
templates were not updated since long time, that's a clear sign of useless.

We will add new files as we get them, from the ones mentioned by you.
> At last, I would say that SNV revision or date, both have there advantage an
> disadvantage... Than, why not keeping both? Something like: "Revision X,
> valid on <compilation date> at <compilation time>"?

As expressed in my previous email, I think we should use the global svn
revision at generation time (for readme, html) -- this way one can
control better validity of the document for a certain feature and
content. The documents are generated from many files (admin, devel,
etc), having several revision numbers in same document is confusing.