[sr-dev] licensing of videos and images from Kamailio World?

Henning Westerholt hw at gilawa.com
Wed Mar 23 23:01:13 CET 2022

Hello Daniel,

you are only partially correct. Under German copyright law there are different copyrights:

- a copyright on the video on itself (which probably belongs to Pascom, as you've stated)
- a copyright on the presentation (which belongs to the person presenting)
- a copyright to the slides/other material shown (which belongs to the creator of the slides/other material)

I do not think that Pascom can simply give these rights away.

A similar right situation would be e.g., if I visit a concert of a well-known and famous band and record it on my smartphone. I can not simple release this to the world, as I do not own the rights on the actual music performance. Or when I make a picture from the Mona Lisa, I am not allowed to sell my own copies from it etc..

Cheers,

Henning

--
Henning Westerholt – https://skalatan.de/blog/