[sr-dev] Branching 5.5 on git repo for 5.5.x releases

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 16:24:21 CEST 2021

Hello,

since freezing the development for 5.5 series, I did quite a lot of code
analyzing with a bunch of tools as well as run various tests, no major
issue being in my list at this moment, therefore I think we can plan
branching 5.5 on git repo in the near future.

If there is no other suggestion or argument against it, I propose to
create the branch 5.5 on Thursday next week (April 22, 2021).

After that, master branch will be open for new features (to become part
of 5.6 or what ever version will be decided to be next), testing will
continue for branch 5.5 for another 1-2 weeks, then we will release
5.5.0 as first stable version in the 5.5.x series.

Kamailio Advanced Training - Online
May 17-20, 2021 (Europe Timezone) - June 7-10, 2021 (America Timezone)
  * https://www.asipto.com/sw/kamailio-advanced-training-online/