[sr-dev] ICMP port-unreachable for UDP INVITEs

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 18:54:24 CEST 2020

Hello,

I haven't investigated further, but the sendto() failed when attempting
to send to a random IP in the same subnetwork. So practically t_relay()
fails, not UDP packet with the SIP request is sent out. My assumption
was that the kernel/ip stack does ip/port detection with icmp befpre
sending udp in the same subnetwork. It might be due to operating system
config or maybe kernel module. You will have to try yourself and see
what happens -- maybe on latest debian stable or centos.

Daniel

Funding: https://www.paypal.me/dcmierla