[sr-dev] siptrace inconsistency

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:48:02 CEST 2020

On 07.04.20 15:15, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> Can you try the master branch with trace_on=1 and trace_mode=2 for
>> siptrace module? You need to set also the db connection parameters,
>> otherwise no siptrace flag set or function use in routing blocks. See
>> also the docs of trace_mode param.
> Thanks for the new feature.  I tested and it worked OK.  In the config I
> used
>
> modparam("siptrace", "trace_on", 0)
>
> so that tracing is by default off when K starts.

Thanks for testing and good to hear is working fine.

As I looked at the code of the module after quite some years, I will try
to work a bit on it, it felt like some parts of code are duplicated,
maybe I can simplified it to be easier to maintain in the future. I also
plan to review a bit how some of the parameters are used, there is one
related to db storing allocated to shared memory, not sure it is needed
like that right now, because there is no rpc command to change it.

I am saying that so people should be aware and report if something gets
broken.

On the other hand, as enhancement, would it make sense to have
trace_mode also changeable via rpc? Not sure if someone would want to
change from mirroring to hep or uri to storing to database, or the other
way around ...