[sr-dev] siptrace inconsistency

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 19:55:11 CEST 2020

On 03.04.20 16:41, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Federico Cabiddu writes:
>
>> I would like to have the developers' feedback before opening a PR, there
>> could be other scenarios/use cases I'm not considering here.
> My feeedback as a K user is this: I would prefer capability to turn
> on/off tracing of all messages (requests/replies) that enter/leave K via
> an rpc command rather than by setting the flag and calling sip_trace()
> in the config.
That might not be that complex to do, right now all traffic can be
mirrored via HEP by setting the trace_mode parameter. If someone wants
to test it, I can extend it when I get a bit of time during the next few
days with an option to write the traffic to database, controlled to
turn/on off by the rcp command (already available).
> I could then do transaction/dialog/whatever level post-processing of the
> traffic based on the records in the database and I don't need any help
> from K regarding that.

I guess that this kind of filtering is needed for instances with a lot
of traffic, where mirroring everything can become a big overhead. Having
support for such filtering doesn't exclude to have the above variant
(which is simpler -- again, most of it already implemented for HEP
mirroring).