[sr-dev] git:master:063e6a02: core: increase SHM memory pool to 128 MB

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 10:28:42 CET 2019

Hello,

On 26.11.19 21:28, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I don't think that anybody might think that Kamailio is greedy with resources.

If you start an application and demands a lot of memory without doing
anything, then people associated it with a resource greedy application,
like they did with Java or Electron based apps.

>  A Raspberry Zero for 5 Dollar has 512 MB RAM and was released in 2015.

There are a lot of deployments out there that still run on old but
reliable (and expensive) hardware like IBM/HPE/Dell blades. You
comparison is not applicable, you look at the cheap consumer harware,
not what is actually out there in production environments.

> Some years ago we also increased PKG memory default for similar reasons,

At that moment there was a discussion about it debating the necessity:

commit 2376ef7c6f3317054c844ae9b99366d084065121