[sr-dev] New Approach Of Relaying RTP (Media) In TURN

Mojtaba mespio at gmail.com
Mon May 27 20:46:21 CEST 2019

Hello Everyone,
Since last my email about optimization hiops module for kamailio, I am
thinking about new approach of relaying RTP (media) in Kamailio. I
know there are some modules like RTPEngine, RTPProxy and
rtp_media_server in Kamailio.
All those modules are in TURN concept of NAT-Traversal in vioce over
ip networks.
Suppose there is no needed for transcoding in some calls, then those
modules get RTP packets from one hand and relay them to another hand.
This activities (with no transcoding) could be done by just forwarding
RTP-packet in third level of networks,too. Just like as connection
tracking have been doing in Linux Kernel. The RTPEngine use Linux
Kernel, But it is different from my own idea.
Actually i have written another module in Kamailio (light-rtp-engine
or lre) for checking this concept. it works great.It increase
concurrent of calls rather than other modules in the same situation
(no transcoding situation).
Now i want to integrate this module with all other RTP-engine module
in Kamailio, For example in some situation that the call no need for
transcoding, the module runs as upper layer on other RTP modules and
active forwarding packet by add new rule in Linux Kernel connection
tracking.
Now i need to get some idea of working this module with other RTP
module in Kamailio. Do you have any idea in regard of this module
works as upper layer on other RTP-modules?
Do you have better idea of using this new approach of relaying RTP in Kamailio?
With Best Regards.
--
--Mojtaba Esfandiari.S