[sr-dev] RFC: split out old sr api from app_lua

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed May 15 13:51:28 CEST 2019

Hello,

I am considering to split the app_lua module in order to move the older
style API available under Lua 'sr' module in a dedicated module (like
app_lua_sr). Later this module can be obsoleted and removed, once we
know that everything there is covered by KEMI KSR Lua module.

In this way, we make it more clear that KSR is the preferred API to use
as well have the app_lua smaller, for those using only KSR and not
needing 'sr' API.

Therefore I am starting the discussion to see if anyone has something
against or other suggestions. I cc-ed sr-dev to make developers aware,
but I think the best place for discussion is sr-users, being related to
how Kamailio is used, therefore reply only to sr-users.