[sr-dev] [SR-Users] IMS_ISC technical specification

Valentin Christoph Christoph.Valentin at kapsch.net
Fri Jul 26 17:45:21 CEST 2019

Hello Ali,

I think we had the similar problem. Then we found the S-CSCF configuration file contains following snippet in main routing block:
               if (($route_uri =~ "sip:orig at .*") || isc_from_as("orig")) {
                              xlog("Orig");
                              # we need something like this to assign SCSCF to unregistered user for services
                              # support for AS origination on behalf of unregistered useri
                              # can use the registrar is_registered methods - must see if we need to check orig or term?

                              # Originating
                              route(orig);
                             break;
               } else {

And we understood, if the AS originates an initial Request (as opposed to forwarding it), then the S-CSCF should act as an originating S-CSCF, too.

So the AS that performs an “originating, unregistered” service, must add a “Route” header with the indication of origin, e.g.
     Route: <sip:orig at 172.23.12.249:5060;lr>

To address the originating S-CSCF.

Just my two cent.

KR,
Christoph