[sr-dev] kamailio 5.2 : which is the best way to connect to Kamailio and to manage him?

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Sun Jan 6 15:02:45 CET 2019

Am Sonntag, 6. Januar 2019, 08:04:17 CET schrieb yboujraf at by-research.be:
> I worked with Kamailio 4.2 and I have updated the Kamailio.cfg to forward
> some events to my automation system.
>
> Unfortunately, when I tried to migrate to Kamailio 5.2, the Kamailio.cfg
> changed and I am not able to copy/paste my code as it is.
>
> I have read there is new ways to interact with Kamailio 5.2 with scripting
> or json or directly access to the database.
>
> Tried to find any information but nothing.
>
> I am asking if somebody could share a link and example how to interact
> easily with Kamailio 5.2 then I could update my own code 😉

Hello Youssef,

if you already have a config that worked for an earlier version of Kamailio,
then I would suggest to adapt it to 5.2. There were of course several changes,
but normally you should be able to fix it with less effort than to write a
completely new one.

If you look to the log you should see the lines were you get an error. You can
try to google this errors, if you don't get a result, ask here on the list.

Look into the "New in Kamailio 4.3/4.4/5.x.." documents in the wiki, to get an
idea about the changes.

About the other question, how to interact with Kamailio - there are several
options. It depend on your environment and can't be easily answered generally.

Best regards,

Henning

Kamailio services - https://skalatan.de/services
Kamailio security assessment - https://skalatan.de/de/assessment