[sr-dev] ul.add params

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Oct 18 10:24:15 CEST 2017

I noticed that my ul.add command that works OK in 5.0 doesn't anymore
work in 5.1.  I get back to the xmlrpc query:

  <name>faultString</name>

I then went and compared ul.add in 5.0 and 5.1 and noticed that in 5.1
it has added two optional params:

    received (optional) value with the received-from address (source
    address) (use '0' or '.' if it should not be set). Format:
    sip:srcip:srcport;transport=abc

    socket (optional) value with the local socket address (use '0' or
    '.' if it should not be set). Format: proto:localip:localport

    Note: the position of parameters is relevant, in the case of
    optional parameters, use '0' or '.' for parameters that should not
    be set which are positioned before any parameter that has to be set.

What does that mean? Isn't optional really optional, but 0 or . is
needed?

-- Juha