[sr-dev] Sec agree support in P-CSCF modules

Tsvetomir Dimitrov tsv.dimitrov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 14:02:04 CEST 2017

Hello!

I am working on Kamailio based IMS setup. During testing I noticed that the
UE sends unprotected register, challenge is returned but after that the UE
doesn't attempt to send REGISTER with authentication data.

I believe this happens due to the lack of support of sec-agree extension in
Kamailio. After a short google search I found this thread:

https://www.mail-archive.com/sr-users@lists.sip-router.org/msg29269.html

After that I spoke with miconda in IRC, he confirmed that no one works on
this and suggested to ask  for help in this mail list.

So in nutshell - I believe without this feature (correct me if I am wrong)
a real UE can't attach to Kamailio based IMS setup. I am willing to work on
it, but I need some guidance.

Is there someone willing to help me with advice how to fit this feature in
the whole project?

At the moment my concerns are:

- Is this feature really needed in real LTE network?
- Is there a vision how this feature should be implemented in the Kamailo
landscape? E. g. as separate module, as part of ims_usrloc_pcscf /
ims_registrar_pcscf? What ipsec library to use?

Best regards,
Tsvetomir