[sr-dev] ACC radius and diameter

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 17:15:13 CET 2017

There is acc_radius that offers what acc with radus support enabled
should do. The acc was left with the radius code just for people used
with the old way and be sure that acc_radius is complete. If nobody
complains, the radius part from acc module can be completely removed.

The diameter support is not depending on any external lib, just that it
was developed long time ago, when diameter specs were a draft.
Meanwhile, they became rfc, but I haven't seen anyone using diameter for
acc in VoIP (well, apart of IMS/VoLTE, but that's different) and it is a
good chance that the code needs a bit of hammering to make it work.

Ideally, it should be moved to a dedicated module, acc_diameter, like we
did with acc_radius in the past. At some point I wanted to do it, but I
could find any easy to use open source diameter server. Now no spare
time here, if anyone wants to do it, she/he is welcome to start.

Kamailio World Conference - May 8-10, 2017 - www.kamailioworld.com