[sr-dev] Gm interface ipsec support

Jason Penton jason.penton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 09:56:26 CEST 2016

Hi Vikram,

There isn't too much work to be done to be honest. We actually tested some
ipsec prototypes about 2 years ago. The various usrloc modules and their
associated DB schemas also already have support for it. What is still
required is the code to actually setup the IPSEC SAs using ipsec-tools
libraries exposed via the OS. OpenIMS have some scripts that use bash to
create the necessary SAs but we thought that it would be better to add via
calls directly to the OS libraries as opposed to via bash scripts... The
problem is that we've just never got round to doing it.

Re. AKA auth, it is already supported in S-CSCF (ims_auth module) - we
already use it in production to authenticate various Samsung and Qualcomm
based VoLTE handsets.

Cheers
Jason