[sr-dev] [kamailio] async_http: non-blocking HTTP client module (#480)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla notifications at github.com
Wed Jan 20 13:22:27 CET 2016

I am ok with many modules targeting to offer similar functionality, if they have different approach -- like lcr can be achieved with couple of modules. If there is a conflict with another module, that needs to be documented.

Some remarks:

  * using functions from pv module must be done via inter-module api structure. The old method to export via module structure for config functions is prone to issues when prototypes are changed, because the cast will hide that. Many modules export now internal API via a bind structure, en example is to look at sl_load_api() in modules/sl/sl.h and how it is used from other modules, like registrar.

  * more like personal opinion, I find the name a bit restrictive for the future, just in case one will want to add some non-async features to it. Maybe it would be better for long term to use something more generic, e.g., httpc, http_client, ...

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/pull/480#issuecomment-173187418