[sr-dev] Authentication failed, stale nonce

Peter Villeneuve petervnv1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 11:35:30 CET 2016

Hi all,

I'm getting sporadic stale nonce messages in spce which prevent the UAs
from registering.

I see in spce logs this:

proxy[20381]: NOTICE: <script>: Authentication failed, stale nonce

And in the UA clients' logs I see these error messages:

First response from SPCE is "SIP/2.0 100 Trying", then "SIP/2.0 403 Try
again later" and then after the UA resends the proper creds I'm getting
"SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized".

After a few minutes (10 I think) the UA is able to register OK.

My question is why am I getting these stale nonce error messages and how
can I fix it?

Thanks,

Peter