[sr-dev] CAC module idea

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 14:04:25 CET 2015

Hello,

perhaps piplelimit can be reused to some extent for call attempts. IIRC,
it has also come code for getting some cpu metrics, don't recall by
heart what exactly. But the point would be -- if you are going to write
a cac module, code inside pipelimit can help.

For available memory, there are some functions to get the available
pkg/shm (used for statistics as well), so this should be easy to
approach. System memory makes sense if there are external libraries
linked by kamailio that potentially consume it, otherwise kamailio is
mailing using pkg/shm for its internal needs. pkg/shm pool have fixed size.

Bandwith will be the hardest to assert at SIP layer in my opinion, but
you can take it from a network interface tool. In sip, you can
eventually rely on per codec bandwidth estimation, but that might not be
really accurate and new streams can be added or older removed via re-INVITE.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 30-Dec 2, Berlin - http://asipto.com/kat