[sr-dev] CAC module idea

Guillaume tetram100 at hotmail.fr
Wed Oct 28 13:39:38 CET 2015

Hi,

I was thinking about doing a Call Admission Control module. It will allow the admin to setup limits in order to improve the global quality and to prevent overload of the service.
It would have these criteria for admitting or not a call (you can propose other criteria):
* Number of call attempt per second
* Maximal number of concurrent sessions
* CPU limit
* RAM limit
* Maximal bandwidth
* Call priority header

For now I haven't seen a module for that. And the dialog module could be useful for to implement the criteria that needs to know the number of call still active. It doesn't seem to be a too heavy task and it seems useful.

What do you think about it?

Guillaume