[sr-dev] Failed to suspend processing error

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 00:11:11 CEST 2015

Hello,

no longer need for debug messages, I know the reason now. Suspending a
'terminated' transaction exposes the risk of either crash or memory
leak. A transaction in this state has either a short life (few seconds)
or lives forever, because the transaction in terminated state can be
cleaned up by the wait timer, or if reference counter is incremented, is
unlikely to be decremented because no new branch transmission will be
done on a transaction that has a final response sent out. If you did the
processing very shortly after the sending of response, then you were
within the cleanup interval, but at any time can risk a crash, if there
is some delay in processing the async task.

Therefore, if the final response was sent out, the  best is to send
needed data to another process via mqueue. The consumer processes of
mqueue task can be created with rtimer module. See sipweet slides in the
next presentation for a sample of mqueue+rtimer usage:

-
http://www.kamailio.org/events/2014-KamailioWorld/day2/26-Daniel-Constantin.Mierla-Kamailio.cfg-Async.pdf