[sr-dev] faster sdp_content() test

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:22:07 CET 2015

On 12/11/15 15:08, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> I think still having the ability to parse is good, because it makes sure
>> that the sdp is valid and it is quite common that later it will be
>> parsed anyhow (e.g., for rtp proxying).
> based on my reading of rtpengine_offer/answer, they do not parse the
> body and that is the whole point of this exercise.
>
> -- juha
>
> ps. while reading rtpengine_offer/answer code, i found this:
>
> 	if (!msg->content_type)
> 	{
> 		LM_WARN("the header Content-TYPE is absent!"
> 			"let's assume the content is text/plain ;-)\n");
> 		return 1;
> 	}
>
> my impression is that if content-type header is missing, the default is
> application/sdp.
Haven't looked at rtpengine module, but rtpproxy module is using the sdp
parser and that is still very common out there (including the default
kamailio.cfg). I still see the need of a way to assert that sdp body is
correct and I use it to be sure the entire invite is correct, along with
checks from sanity module.

Also, there is another function that checks the type of the body:

has_body("application/sdp")

Not sure if that works for multi-part body.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 30-Dec 2, Berlin - http://asipto.com/kat