[sr-dev] Asynchronous processing feature set

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jun 10 18:44:39 CEST 2015

On 06/10/2015 12:37 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> Dumping the output of top in a file as well as running gdb in batch mode
> to grab backtrace in a file is not costing more that few seconds -- you
> can put the commands in the script for restarting.

Agreed. It was this suggestion that I was looking for -- I am not
intimately familiar with GDB and did not know about batch mode. I'll
follow up with your suggestion regarding looking to the 'kamctl trap'
facility for an example.

I didn't mean for this to turn adversarial. I'm sorry for any offence I
may have caused. I think what we are encountering is the typical tension
in exotic, difficult-to-reproduce bugs, where, from a technical and
rationalistic perspective, reports without empirical details are
useless, while the human and political realities of getting them -
profoundly irrational - intercede. For instance, I now have to figure
out how to convince one of the users to allow me to turn asynchronous
processing back on so I can utilise your suggestions, which is a problem
that benefits from a vastly different skill set, and is at times
stubbornly impervious to rational appeal.

-- Alex

303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30346
United States

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)