[sr-dev] running out of mysql connections when [group] is given

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 23:12:56 CET 2015

On 22/01/15 03:32, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> A book indexed by google says that [client] section is also read along
>> with the custom group. The example is shown with Perl, but I guess the
>> same client library is behind. Same seems to be suggested in the perl
>> docs:
> i gave up on using [group] because of kamailio didn't start.  these
> tests are thus done just using the default [client] group.
>
>> Now, those can be old, maybe newer versions of mysql client library
>> behave differently.
> i would expect mysql cli client from debian wheezy mysql-client-5.5
> package to use libmysqlclient18 package, i.e., the same one my kamailio
> is using.
I checked the dependencies of packages on wheezy and libmysqlclient is
not listed for mysql-client, so the later is not using the lib.

>> Have you tried to put all wanted options to the group?
> i have all wanted options in [client] group:
>
> [client]
> port		= 3306
> socket		= /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
> ssl-ca=/etc/mysql/cacert.pem
>
> according to mysql 5.5 ref man, ssl-ca option implies ssl option and
> those are enough for mysql cli client to use ssl.

What page did you read? That could be for mysql client cli tool, but
appears it doesn't apply to libmysql client -- at the bottom of the next
link, it says that a specific function has to be used in c code to set
the certificates and enable connecting via tls:

- http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/using-ssl-connections.html