[sr-dev] running out of mysql connections when [group] is given

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Jan 22 03:32:37 CET 2015

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

> A book indexed by google says that [client] section is also read along
> with the custom group. The example is shown with Perl, but I guess the
> same client library is behind. Same seems to be suggested in the perl
> docs:

i gave up on using [group] because of kamailio didn't start.  these
tests are thus done just using the default [client] group.

> Now, those can be old, maybe newer versions of mysql client library
> behave differently.

i would expect mysql cli client from debian wheezy mysql-client-5.5
package to use libmysqlclient18 package, i.e., the same one my kamailio
is using.

> Have you tried to put all wanted options to the group?

i have all wanted options in [client] group:

[client]
port		= 3306
socket		= /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
ssl-ca=/etc/mysql/cacert.pem

according to mysql 5.5 ref man, ssl-ca option implies ssl option and
those are enough for mysql cli client to use ssl.

-- juha