[sr-dev] running out of mysql connections when [group] is given

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 22:25:09 CET 2015

On 21/01/15 21:52, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Juha Heinanen writes:
>
>> when [group] thing didn't work, i added
>>
>> ssl-ca=/etc/mysql/cacert.pem
>>
>> to [client] section of my.cfg that kamailio according to db_mysql/README
>> is reading.
>>
>> after that, kamailio started ok, but didn't use ssl for mysql queries.
>>
>> what is it that i'm missing?  has anyone succeeded in making kamailio to
>> query mysql server over ssl?
> based on zero responses, i guess the answer is "no".  if so, that pretty
> much prevents using kamailio in an environment where mysql service is
> provided by a cloud service, such as amazon ec2.
>
> should i put a note in db_mysql module README telling that we don't
> currently know, which [client] params of my.cfg the module supports?

This doesn't have to do with kamailio at all, it is mysql client
configuration in my.cfg.

Kamailio itself uses mysql_options() to set the group to be used:
  - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysql-options.html

It is nothing else that kamailio can do. So whatever mysql supports for
groups in my.cnf it is the mysql client library that deals with. Looking
at above documentation and kamailio code, the order is right, so all
seems fine in the code. If you cannot find something in mysql docs, it
is a lack on their side.

Therefore I don't think the kamailio docs need to be updated with your
remark -- again, that is about what mysql client library supports.

I would try to test with incremental number of children to see where the
limits is reached, then try to identify where that values is set. Also,
running mysql server in debug mode might help.