[sr-dev] Security vulnerability handling

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 15:54:48 CET 2015

Just to give proper details about the issue ...

It is not that any 30x response sent by anyone was causing a crash, only
those received in a transaction and handled via get_redirects(), with an
empty URI in Contact header. That means an authenticated/trusted
endpoint has to be involved in such a call. The code causing it is also
quite old (might be close to 10 years now).

So there is no risk of being hit by malicious/unknown attackers from the
wild.