[sr-dev] Change SIP message within module

Mikko Lehto mslehto at iki.fi
Wed Apr 29 09:00:16 CEST 2015

Cockhootec Yahrabee <cockootec at gmail.com>:

> I have function where I cast `sip_msg`'s `body` to `sdp_info` structure and
> within this function I am changing some fields in `sessions` and `streams`
> list.
>
> I am able to see changes when I am printing them after message leaves the
> function but Kamailio sends the original message not the changed one. Do I
> need somehow let the Kamailio know that the message was changed and it
> should rebuild `buf` field? Or I need to change directly `buf` field within
> `sip_msg`?

You need to handle message modifications as data lumps.
Have a look at Kamailio development guide:
http://www.asipto.com/pub/kamailio-devel-guide/#c14datalump

Also, look if you can extend sdpops module instead of baking new one:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/sdpops.html

Hope this helps :)

--
Mikko Lehto