[sr-dev] rtpengine error when activating in branch route

Carlos Ruiz Díaz carlos.ruizdiaz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 04:24:22 CEST 2014

Hi Richard,

I'm replying here because my answer is still strictly related to Kamailio.

Using WS is only one of the variants. Completely using TCP or UDP results
in the same crash.

Let me elaborate my current setup:

- ua1 at domain;transport=tcp -> caller
- ua2 at domain -> callee

ua2 is registered via TCP and WS, so the location service will inform the
following:

- ua2 at 1.1.1.1;transport=tcp
- ua2 at 2.2.2.2;transport=ws

This implies that I'm gonna need two SDP modifications, depending on where
the INVITE is going:

ua1 (RTP/AVP) -> (Kamailio [parallel forking]) -> ua2 at 1.1.1.1 (RTP/AVP)

-> ua2 at 2.2.2.2 (RTP/SAVPF)

As soon as rtpengine is engaged for the second time, no matter the order,
it crashes.

Regards,
Carlos

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 8:46 PM, Richard Fuchs <rfuchs at sipwise.com> wrote:

> On 09/29/14 21:16, Carlos Ruiz Díaz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > rtpengine is crashing when it is activated in the branch route.
>
> This looks similar to what has been reported here:
> https://github.com/sipwise/rtpengine/issues/27
>
> Which is something I haven't been able to reproduce. Perhaps you can
> shed some light on this within the context of the github thread.
>
> cheers

Carlos
http://caruizdiaz.com