[sr-dev] New module DMQ_SYNC and patch for DMQ

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Tue Oct 28 15:09:51 CET 2014

On 28 Oct 2014 13:46, "Alex Hermann" <alex at speakup.nl> wrote:

> On Tuesday 28 October 2014, Андрей Рыбкин wrote:
> > Module DMQ_SYNC:
> >   The module add replication between multiple servers via DMQ module.
> >    Currently only usrloc replications.
>
> I think some decision should be made on where syncing code should be
placed.
> The htable module has dmq sync integrated, now you introduce a module
> dedicated to syncing via dmq.

Personally, I would prefer to see syncing integrated with each module that
requires it (as with htable). That way, replication can be implemented in
the most appropriate way for that module, instead of making assumptions
about how other modules wish to replicate internal state.

Ultimately, whichever way is agreed upon, a single choice is better from
the outset.

--
www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Faraday Wharf, Innovation Birmingham Campus, Holt Street,
Birmingham Science Park, Birmingham B7 4BB.