[sr-dev] kazoo module on deb packages

Victor Seva linuxmaniac at torreviejawireless.org
Tue Oct 21 17:21:40 CEST 2014

On 10/21/2014 04:43 PM, Luis Azedo wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>
> we had old versions of json-c and rabbitmq-c and we also built them ourselves.
> i made some changes to the code to support following versions
>
> json-c 0.12

json-c on Debian is 0.11. Can you please rely on that version?

> rabbitmq-c 0.5.2
>
> will push them today.
>
> libbrabbitmq-dev is based on https://github.com/alanxz/rabbitmq-c right ?
> libjson-c-dev is based on https://github.com/json-c/json-c right ?
>
> i'm trying to build the rpms before pushing the changes but i have some questions , maybe someone can help.

I can only respond regarding Debian/Ubuntu.

> json module spec refers json-c-devel for building but not for runtime, is this ok?
>
> module kazoo also uses json-c but where does json-c-devel come from ? there are lots packages json-c-devel (none "official"), i'm asking this because we want to include it in the "requires" besides "buildrequires".
>
> same thing for rabbitmq-c, is there a distribution available somewhere? asked on github project and response was, there isn't any.
> so, how should we build these packages and make them available for building and installing kazoo ?

rabbitmq[0]: Source: https://github.com/alanxz/rabbitmq-c
json-c[1]: Source: https://github.com/json-c/json-c/wiki

See my change[2] to deal with json vs json-c on buildtime but if you use
json-c we can just use that one, your choice.

[0] http://sources.debian.net/src/librabbitmq/0.5.2-1/debian/copyright/
[1] http://sources.debian.net/src/json-c/0.11-4/debian/copyright/
[3]
https://github.com/linuxmaniac/kamailio/commit/d6c33fc6f3807e5e7371b947c425cd835bd3c1e1