[sr-dev] kazoo module on deb packages

Luis Azedo luis at 2600hz.com
Tue Oct 21 16:43:35 CEST 2014

Hi Victor,

we had old versions of json-c and rabbitmq-c and we also built them ourselves.
i made some changes to the code to support following versions

json-c 0.12
rabbitmq-c 0.5.2

will push them today.

libbrabbitmq-dev is based on https://github.com/alanxz/rabbitmq-c right ?
libjson-c-dev is based on https://github.com/json-c/json-c right ?

i'm trying to build the rpms before pushing the changes but i have some questions , maybe someone can help.

json module spec refers json-c-devel for building but not for runtime, is this ok?

module kazoo also uses json-c but where does json-c-devel come from ? there are lots packages json-c-devel (none "official"), i'm asking this because we want to include it in the "requires" besides "buildrequires".

same thing for rabbitmq-c, is there a distribution available somewhere? asked on github project and response was, there isn't any.
so, how should we build these packages and make them available for building and installing kazoo ?

Thanks