[sr-dev] New: max branches configurable via parameter

Jorj Bauer jorj at isc.upenn.edu
Fri Oct 17 13:22:15 CEST 2014

> On Oct 17, 2014, at 5:39 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 1) the 31 upper limit comes from tm cancelled branches bitmask, which
> now is stored in an integer. Should be easy to get it to 63 (planned
> after some testing that proves the concept used now is ok). Would it be
> a need for even more?

We did some preliminary work to make this 63 as well (some years ago). I'm glad to see this getting traction.

I'm generally opposed to hard limits like this. There are many cases where you might want to ring a number of phones at once, and the sizes of those ring groups are currently limited by this. I suspect that once we have > 31 in our production environment, we'll quickly have a case that wants > 63.

But right now, I can only say that we have use cases > 31.

-- Jorj