[sr-dev] git:4.2: kazoo : remove dependencies

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 16:19:54 CET 2014

On 10/11/14 16:07, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

>>> Master is ok for me until there is a good solution agreed by most
>>> developers.
>> From my point of view master is not OK. Please revert on master too.
>>
>> If kazoo needs newer lib versions then it will not be built for the
>> distros that doesn't have such versions.
>> I see no problem on that.
> I agree with Victor.
>
> If you want to make it simple for people who wants to build you
> can add stuff to the Makefile so people can run "make install-lib-depend" or something
> to checkout the source code.
>
> Including other projects into one project is never good. Asterisk had a lot of issues
> with Debian packaging since it at a point included other libraries.

To clarify, I am ok with reverting master and anyhow expect to be done
as some point, because I don't want to embed any library. My remark was
that I don't find it like the same urgency as I wanted for branch 4.2,
being ok for me if people want to analyze more on this direction. My
vote will be for no embedded libs without a real and major reason.

But as people prefer to have master clean, then the current approach can
be kept in a personal or tmp branch for availability in case anyone
wants to look deeper at it.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 24-27, Berlin - http://www.asipto.com