[sr-dev] db_cassandra - db_cassa_raw_query & INSERT query

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 09:49:11 CET 2014

What would be the situation when the query is like SELECT but there is
no result. Is the behaviour as expected with the new patch?

Anyone here using cassandra having comments? From my point of view is no
problem to push the patch, but I am not using cassandra, so cannot do a
proper review.

On 12/03/14 08:53, jay binks wrote:
> If doing a query that returns no results ( Insert etc )
> db_cassa_raw_query would cause these ERRORS to be logged
>
> 0(22283) ERROR: db_cassandra [dbcassa_base.cpp:739]:
> db_cassa_raw_query(): The resultype rows was not set, no point trying
> to parse result.
> 0(22283) ERROR: avpops [avpops_db.c:333]: db_query_avp(): cannot do
> the query
>
> db_cassa_raw_query would also return -1 as a failure code which caused
> avpops_db to log the query failure.
>
> my patch changes the db_cassa_raw_query log message to debug level,
> and returns success from the function.
>
> I had a quick look to see if there was an elegant way to determine if
> we should expect results, so we can vary the response code based on
> query type, but I was unable to find anything other than doing string
> comparisons on the query, so I opted to not bother with this as it
> would be erroneous.
>
> Please find attached patch.
>
> --
> Sincerely
>
> Jay

Kamailio World Conference - April 2-4, 2014, Berlin, Germany
http://www.kamailioworld.com