[sr-dev] Supported RFCs

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jul 17 21:20:33 CEST 2014

On 07/17/2014 03:19 PM, Conners, James wrote:

> Asking what the "real" objective is suggests there is a hidden reason
> for my question. I can assure there is no hidden reason. We're simply
> investigating the possible use of the Kamailio SIP server and would
> like to know its capabilities and which RFCs it supports. Our current
> SIP server supports a set of RFCs. So, it seems logical to ask what
> RFCs an alternative SIP Server supports. The Kamailio website uses
> the  words "Among supported standards:" on its interoperability page.
> Maybe the folks at Kamailio can provide you with their meaning of the
> word "supported".

If you understand that SIP consists of a core RFC (3261) and hundreds of
additional features and extensions specified by other drafts and RFCs,
in varying stages of approval and de facto adoption, then you would be
able to appreciate that this is not a black-and-white, yes-or-no question.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC

Please be kind to the English language: