[sr-dev] Marketing stats

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Feb 15 12:13:23 CET 2014

Hi!

After a year of working with Kamailio on social media we now have around 400 followers on Twitter, over 250 on Facebook, 220 on G+ and a mixture of groups on LInkedIn - from Openser to SIP-router and Kamailio with a pretty large following. G+ have a page with a news flow and a community group for discussions.

I try to publish what's on the Kamailio.org web site as news. In addition, I highlight some features now and then to keep the flow going, regardless of the news flow in the project. We've also worked on and published an article on the IMS functionality on the web site. I think we should work on more of those articles/interviews - like talking about how carrierroute came to existance and how it's used, new modules like mohqueue and the whole webrtc support stuff.

I hope to make some time for that kind of articles that I think adds interest and explains more of what we are doing and how Kamailio can be used. Hopefully we can discuss this at Kamailio World!

If you have ideas, feel free to contact me on or off list. I think we can use the -doc list for these kind of discussions, it's a pretty empty forum right now.

Please don't hesitate to remind me to inform about new functions, events or related stuff in these channels.  If you can, inform your friends and followers about these channels to raise interest in Kamailio.

We do get questions on these channels too, I have mostly referred to the mailing list, but if you can help in answering I would be happy.

I have no stats on how many subscriptions we have on the mailing lists or visits on the web site, that would be interesting. (hint, hint ;-) )

Have a great weekend!

/O

G+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/114984922071338017631/
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Kamailio