[sr-dev] WebSocket cookie authentication and passing data

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Tue Feb 4 15:37:58 CET 2014

On 04/02/14 10:26, Peter Dunkley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't think this is relevant to the Kamailio implementation.
>
> The Kamailio implementation doesn't do anything with headers like
> Cookie: at all.  If an implementer of a Kamailio solution wants to do
> anything with the Cookie: header (or any other), they can do whatever
> they want using the Kamailio configuration file "programming language".
>
> You can make use of all of the standard Kamailio header/parameter
> selects and transformations to help you do whatever you want with
> these headers.

Just to clarify: we are talking about HTTP Cookie headers sent during
the WebSocket handshake, not about a Cookie header in any SIP message

Does the Kamailio WebSocket transport provide access to the HTTP
WebSocket handshake headers and their contents or only the SIP headers?

Is there a way to invoke some route block in the configuration file to
examine the HTTP headers and decide whether a WebSocket connection will
be accepted?