[sr-dev] WebSocket cookie authentication and passing data

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodilertc.net
Tue Feb 4 10:26:57 CET 2014

Hello,

I don't think this is relevant to the Kamailio implementation.

The Kamailio implementation doesn't do anything with headers like Cookie:
at all.  If an implementer of a Kamailio solution wants to do anything with
the Cookie: header (or any other), they can do whatever they want using the
Kamailio configuration file "programming language".

You can make use of all of the standard Kamailio header/parameter selects
and transformations to help you do whatever you want with these headers.

Regards,

Peter

On 4 February 2014 06:55, Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.com.au> wrote:

> Here is a full overview of the way we did this in reSIProcate / repro:
>
>   http://www.resiprocate.org/SIP_Over_WebSocket_Cookies
>
> Here is a PHP test script which sets the cookies:
>

> http://svn.resiprocate.org/viewsvn/resiprocate/main/repro/test/web/websocket-cookie-test.php?format=markup
>
> JSCommunicator can set the extension header for passing supplementary
> data in config.js:
>

> https://github.com/opentelecoms-org/jscommunicator/blob/master/config-sample.js#L62
> (look for extra_headers)
>
> To build a complete solution, you can simply combine the phone.shtml
> code from JSCommunicator and the PHP test code into a simple script.
>
> Notice we put a version number in the cookie.  If the Kamailio
> implementation of this evolves and adds extra fields, please increment
> the version number or use different cookie names to distinguish it from
> the reSIProcate cookie scheme.

Peter Dunkley
Technical Director
Crocodile RCS Ltd