[sr-dev] Wiki contributions

Fred Posner fred at palner.com
Tue Dec 9 21:57:13 CET 2014

It's an interesting question since I (after a very quick and
non-thorough search) didn't see anything regarding the ownership of
material on the wiki.

That being said, at least in the US, the contribution to a wiki is
generally considered a "copyleft" writing... basically posting a free
license and requiring that it can be edited, with the edits also being
of a free license.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyleft

I believe that this should apply to us as well, since any one posting on
the wiki can have that content modified by anyone else.

The nature of the wiki is a collaborative, living document. I think the
only issue that may befall us is if people have posted someone else's
content onto the wiki.

That being said, we should probably post something onto the site and/or
wiki choosing between either a GNU style license or a Creative Commons one.

I for one would like as few licenses as possible so if we just cover the
wiki in the Kamailio main license, that would be great...

such as:

"Kamailio is released under GNU Public License v2 (GPLv2). The content
of the website, wiki, and documentation are included within this license."

Fred Posner
The Palner Group, Inc.
http://www.palner.com (web)
+1-503-914-0999 (direct)