[sr-dev] rtpengines replaces origin without replace-origin

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Mon Apr 28 22:21:35 CEST 2014

I can't remember all the details, but after an ICE negotiation, during
the UPDATE that confirms the negotiated parameters, the c line
shouldn't be touched (if touched, it breakes the ICE negotiation).
Maybe the new rtpproxyengine handles this by default ...

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Richard Fuchs <rfuchs at sipwise.com> wrote:
> On 28/04/14 03:52 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
>>
>> On 04/28/2014 03:48 PM, Richard Fuchs wrote:
>>
>>> If ICE isn't supported and you don't want the traffic to go through the
>>> RTP proxy, you can just not call _offer()/_answer().
>>

>> It seems to me the disagreement here is about how much "management" the
>> _offer/_answer() functions should "wrap".
>

> Hmmm no not really... I just think that since rtpengine itself cannot know
> whether or not ICE is supported, it shouldn't assume that it is, with the
> result in the opposite case being that it effectively does nothing.
>
> I'm not opposed to an explicit "no-touchy-m-and-c" flag, but the default
> behaviour should be that rtpengine should try to do what it's designed to
> do, which is to proxy RTP packets. Especially since in the case that this is
> supposed to address (ICE is supported) it doesn't seem to make a difference
> anyway.
>
> cheers

VoIP Embedded, Inc.
http://www.voipembedded.com