[sr-dev] rtpengines replaces origin without replace-origin

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Mon Apr 28 22:17:23 CEST 2014

On 28/04/14 03:52 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 04/28/2014 03:48 PM, Richard Fuchs wrote:
>
>> If ICE isn't supported and you don't want the traffic to go through the
>> RTP proxy, you can just not call _offer()/_answer().
>
> It seems to me the disagreement here is about how much "management" the
> _offer/_answer() functions should "wrap".

Hmmm no not really... I just think that since rtpengine itself cannot
know whether or not ICE is supported, it shouldn't assume that it is,
with the result in the opposite case being that it effectively does nothing.

I'm not opposed to an explicit "no-touchy-m-and-c" flag, but the default
behaviour should be that rtpengine should try to do what it's designed
to do, which is to proxy RTP packets. Especially since in the case that
this is supposed to address (ICE is supported) it doesn't seem to make a
difference anyway.

cheers