[sr-dev] new tmx function t_reuse_branch()

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 10:49:20 CEST 2014

On 20/04/14 12:19, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> For the variable, I would go for a new class, $T_branch(attr). You can
>> implement the part for flags as $T_branch(flags). Other attributes can
>> be implemented later under the same class.
> i looked at implementation of current classes $T_req(pv), $T_rpl(pv),
> etc.  looks like they make a copy of the whole environment and then
> access the pv using normal pv access functions.  this sounds very heavy
Those classes of variables needed to clone the buffers in order to parse
them. But for $T_branch(flags) it is not need, you can look at how
$T(key) is implemented, or any other class with inner names ($time(key),
$branch(key)).

It is better structured as there is going to be $T_branch(uri), ... and
other attributes.
> as compared to implementation of item functions $T_reply_ruid,
> $T_branch_idx, etc.  i would thus prefer to implement $T_reply_flags
> the same way as the item functions is done.
I don't get the relation between reply and branch flags to have a reason
to call this T_reply_flags.