[sr-dev] TM possible deadlock

Jason Penton jason.penton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 17:51:24 CEST 2014

Hi All,

I have been experiencing a deadlock when a timeout occurs on a t_relayed()
INVITE. Going through the code I have noticed a possible chance of deadlock
(without re-entrant enabled). Here is my thinking:

t_should_relay_response() is called with REPLY_LOCK when the timer process
fires on the fr_inv_timer (no response from the INVITE that was relayed,
other than 100 provisional) and a 408 is generated. However, from within
that function there are calls to run_failure_handlers() which in turn
*could* try and lock the reply (viz. somebody having a t_reply() call in
the cfg file - in failure route block). This would result in another lock
on the same transaction's REPLY_LOCK....

Has anybody else experienced something like this?

this is on master btw.

Cheers
Jason