[sr-dev] CentOS packaging and document for 4.1.0 - please help

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Tue Oct 22 17:33:41 CEST 2013

Hi Peter,

I plan to get the version check into the memcached module, but haven't had
chance yet - if you can let me know your timescales I will make sure it is
ready in time.

Best,

Charles

On 22 October 2013 16:21, Peter Dunkley <peter.dunkley at crocodilertc.net>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been updating my .spec for CentOS 6 recently.  I am trying to get
> as many modules as possible into the build without needing exotic
> dependencies.
>
> There is one packages that I can't include into CentOS at all (and it
> would have helped me if the documentation had been updated).  There are two
> packages I think I can include (if people can help with a little work).
>  This is all summarised at the end of the email.
>
> I'd appreciate any help people can give me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter
>

> *Modules I can't include - but need more documentation*
>
>    - *app_mono*: simply won't compile with against the version of
>    mono-devel in EPEL for CentOS 6. EPEL contains mono-devel 2.4.3.1 (which is
>    presumably too old). The module documentation for app_mono doesn't specify
>    a minimum version - it would be helpful if it did.
>

> *Modules I could include - but need a little work*
>
>    - *app_java*: this compiles with small Makefile changes (as I
>    discussed recently on-list). It'd be great if some Makefile guru could
>    help-out and adjust this so that it can compile cleanly (and through an
>    automated process) without needing to edit/patch the Makefile for each
>    target system.
>    - *memcached*: as discussed on-list between Henning and Charles, this
>    should be relatively straight-forward to get working with a library version
>    check.
>

> *Modules I can't/won't include*
>
>    - *db_cassandra*: requires specific versions of thrift (and thrift is
>    not available in the base or EPEL repos for CentOS 6 anyway)
>    - *db_oracle*: requires the non-free instantclient-sdk
>    - *osp*: requires the OSP Toolkit (not available in the base or EPEL
>    repos for CentOS 6)
>    - *jabber*: this module is obsolete
>    - *iptrtpproxy*: I believe this module should be obsolete (and it
>    certainly can't work with the standard kernel version in CentOS 6 anyway)
>

> --
> Peter Dunkley
> Technical Director
> Crocodile RCS Ltd

www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Unit 10 iBIC, Birmingham Science Park, Holt Court South, Birmingham
B7 4EJ.