[sr-dev] CentOS packaging and document for 4.1.0 - please help

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodilertc.net
Tue Oct 22 17:21:33 CEST 2013

Hello,

I have been updating my .spec for CentOS 6 recently.  I am trying to get as
many modules as possible into the build without needing exotic dependencies.

There is one packages that I can't include into CentOS at all (and it would
have helped me if the documentation had been updated).  There are two
packages I think I can include (if people can help with a little work).
 This is all summarised at the end of the email.

I'd appreciate any help people can give me.

Regards,

Peter

*Modules I can't include - but need more documentation*

   - *app_mono*: simply won't compile with against the version of
   mono-devel in EPEL for CentOS 6. EPEL contains mono-devel 2.4.3.1 (which is
   presumably too old). The module documentation for app_mono doesn't specify
   a minimum version - it would be helpful if it did.

*Modules I could include - but need a little work*

   - *app_java*: this compiles with small Makefile changes (as I discussed
   recently on-list). It'd be great if some Makefile guru could help-out and
   adjust this so that it can compile cleanly (and through an automated
   process) without needing to edit/patch the Makefile for each target system.
   - *memcached*: as discussed on-list between Henning and Charles, this
   should be relatively straight-forward to get working with a library version
   check.

*Modules I can't/won't include*

   - *db_cassandra*: requires specific versions of thrift (and thrift is
   not available in the base or EPEL repos for CentOS 6 anyway)
   - *db_oracle*: requires the non-free instantclient-sdk
   - *osp*: requires the OSP Toolkit (not available in the base or EPEL
   repos for CentOS 6)
   - *jabber*: this module is obsolete
   - *iptrtpproxy*: I believe this module should be obsolete (and it
   certainly can't work with the standard kernel version in CentOS 6 anyway)

--
Peter Dunkley
Technical Director