[sr-dev] mohqueue docs and suggestions

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Oct 2 15:54:01 CEST 2013

A few comments:

I think the module name should be "queue". The moh-part is a just a nice way of handling the queue...

From reading the docs:

- The example on 3.4. moh_maxcalls illustrates usage of mohdir.

- Change "from the main (request) route" to "a request route". Routes can call routes.

I would love for this module to expose the queue in an xavp (as an alternative to the database) so I can manipulate weights and stuff. Queues need management. I would also like to be able to pick a call out of the queue at any point, regardless of position. But that's a future change. This is a very good contribution.

I don't think naming audio files after payload number is a good scheme. Payload numbers are dynamic for all new codecs and one should use the name tags. I think we should simply copy the file name extensions used by Asterisk for the codecs, like "alaw" for alaw. Or the names used in rtpmap. One of them - but not the numbers, that is not extensible enough as they are no longer assigned. Opus will not get a fixed number, just a name tag.

/O