[sr-dev] git:master: modules/usrloc: added two new rpc commands ul.users and ul. contacts

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon May 27 17:45:51 CEST 2013

On 5/27/13 4:52 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> the commands are querying the database and the results can be
>> inaccurate, or at least not something I would expect.
> they just return the described values from database table, nothing more
> or less is claimed.

I was referring that one may expect to return the number of valid
contacts (not including the expired ones).

>> In db_mode=DB_WRITEBACK, there can be expired records that are not yet
>> deleted, they will be at the next timer trigger. Also, DB_READONLY might
>> not reflect properly the correct situation.
>> Also, cache-only mode is not covered, so it is strictly related to
>> database records. I would suggest the names of the commands should
>> reflect somehow that, to be something like 'dbusers' and 'dbcontacts' or
>> similar.
>>
>> FYI, there are counters (statistics) for the two values you were looking
>> for, but working only for one location table (or all together):
>> -
>> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/usrloc.html#idp1873288
> which ones?  i checked the above page and didn't find them.

I guess the html readme was regenerated, the id in the page different,
the link being now:

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/usrloc.html#idp1909616

(another good reason to introduce section id in docbook files).

The usrloc statistics for users and contacts return number of distinct
aors and contacts managed by the module. You can see them in the output
of 'kamctl stats'.

> sure, i can change the names.
>
> -- juha

Kamailio Advanced Training, San Francisco, USA - June 24-27, 2013
   * http://asipto.com/u/katu *